Showbuddy to Cubase midi track

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
camarok

Showbuddy to Cubase midi track

Post by camarok »

Hi All,

I've been using DMXIS to create live shows with the Cubase plugin for a few years, and looking to go to ShowBuddy, it would help in creating the shows from w/o setting up all the lights, or going to where the lights are.

I haven't found the answer I was looking for yet, how would ShowBuddy integrate / export to Cuebase for this? Does it work through the existing VST plugin through MIDI still?

Thank you!
~ Kevin
Callan05

Re: Showbuddy to Cubase midi track

Post by Callan05 »

Do you mean:
ShowBuddy or Showbuddy active?

Showbuddy Active is basically DMXIS with a better interface and more output options (video etc.)
It should work much the same as DMXIS as a VST, although I haven't personally used it that way.

Showbuddy is standalone and I think could replace Cubase for running tracks and triggering lights and/or MIDI.
camarok

Post by camarok »

Hi Callan,

We are looking at just ShowBuddy, we don't have a use or or resources for ShowBuddy Active at this time.

If the non Active of ShowBuddy still works like DMXIS as a VST then we're golden and good to go. But as it seems, ShowBuddy is a standalone and that won't work for us unfortunately.
~ Kevin
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

Directly from the Show Buddy product page.
Show Buddy organises your gigs, plays your backing tracks, runs your light show, and controls your MIDI equipment – leaving you free to concentrate on a great performance!

Show Buddy requires either DMXIS or Show Buddy Active to control your lighting. For video playback, Show Buddy Active is required.
There are three products here
Show Buddy - This is a standalone product that lets you running backing tracks and execute lighting cues timed to the backing tracks

DMXIS- This is a software based lighting controller with ability to save and recall lighting scenes and do some rudimentary lighting effects.

Show Buddy Active - This is the advanced version of DMXIS (Honestly I wish the name had not been changed to "Show Buddy Active" they are not related and its confusing. SBA provides all of the same functionality as DMXIS along with more advanced effects and a 2D visualizer.

Option 1: Show Buddy would replace Cubase in your setup, but would require DMXIS or Show Buddy Active to control lights.
Option 2: Show Buddy Active or DMXIS can run as VST's in Cubase.