Change from Dmxis to Showbuddy Active in Ableton?? HELP!!

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
jonsssson

Change from Dmxis to Showbuddy Active in Ableton?? HELP!!

Post by jonsssson »

Hi!
I´m using Ableton with dmxis and now i want to use showbuddy active but i cant get it to work.
I have moved all banks and presets so i see them in Showbuddy Active and i can change presets and settings and so on.
But when i delete dmxis vst plugin in Ableton and change to Showbuddy i cant get it to work. The bank/presets change is working but i also have columns where i write my automation curves manually for the blinders and special effects.

With dmxis i could drag the vst plugin to all of the columns/tracks and configure it but with showbuddy active i cant drag the vst plugin to several places (both the returntrack and my blinders track).

Do anyone now what to do?
I need it to work with both automatic presets changes AND manually written curves for blinders,s mokemachine and so on.
I really need some help cause i need this to work this Saturday...
cgrafx

Re: Change from Dmxis to Showbuddy Active in Ableton?? HELP!!

Post by cgrafx »

You are unfortunately utilizing undocumented/unsupported functionality that was never a part of the design of the software.

The VST plugin was never intended to be used as multiple instances. It was designed to be loaded ONCE on an output/return track I believe.

The fact that it has worked is only coincidence.

There is also no guarantee that future versions of DMXIS would continue to work in this manner.

Your current best option is going to be to continue to use the DMXIS plugin and software until you can work out how to change your setup to use a single instance of the SBA plugin.
jonsssson

Re: Change from Dmxis to Showbuddy Active in Ableton?? HELP!!

Post by jonsssson »

Ok, that was a shame as it is such a wonderful useful feature .. I hope they will solve it for the next update :)

Thanks for your reply:)