Video playback/lyrics and light presets

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
andy gibbs

Video playback/lyrics and light presets

Post by andy gibbs »

There are 2 Questions I have 1st, I cannot for the life of me get amber to show up in the visualiser for ADJ 5p Hex 12 channel, And also before I go ahead and purchase S/B/A + projection, I know I can play video and light presets at the same time but can I still see my lyrics if needed as well, Many Thanks
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Video playback/lyrics and light presets

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

andy gibbs wrote: Mon Feb 17, 2020 5:01 pmI cannot for the life of me get amber to show up in the visualiser for ADJ 5p Hex 12 channel
That will be a simple error in the fixture file. Amber and White channels need to be defined as type 'dimmer'.
And also before I go ahead and purchase S/B/A + projection, I know I can play video and light presets at the same time but can I still see my lyrics if needed as well
Assuming you're referring to the lyrics display in Show Buddy, then yes, you continue to see that. The SBA video output is a separate window (which you drag to the projector part of your desktop).

With SBA, the basic Show Buddy workflow doesn't change - you still import tracks, create lightshows, add lyrics, and program your sets exactly as before. The only change is that instead of using the DMXIS window, you'll use the SBA window instead (plus the new video window).
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
andy gibbs

Re: Video playback/lyrics and light presets

Post by andy gibbs »

Great stuff Dave Thanks for your Rapid Response as usual