Basic sequence

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
markcooper

Basic sequence

Post by markcooper »

Hi

I love the look of the effects on this software but I am confused as to how to do some very basic things!

I want to set up some basic sequences from colours I have programmed from RGB fixtures say cyan, yellow and magenta. I would like all selected features to run through this basic sequence, ideally moving to the next step based on detected audio.

Can this be done and if so, how?

Many thanks
Mark
teb335

Re: Basic sequence

Post by teb335 »

I've done this using the FX to switch between 2 colours based on audio Did it as follows..
1) setting the sound active trigger on the colour of a rectangle.
2) Bit of tweaking of the sound level amount slider to get the exact 2nd colour i want.

Guess could get a 3rd colour by maybe using a mask over the first rectangle , and then a second rectangle going from colour 2 to 3.as above. Not sure if/how could switch between the rectangles via sound though - maybe need to do based on bars / beats etc using the preset tempo.

hope of some help
markcooper

Post by markcooper »

Cool, will give that a go as may be a workaround, if not it's back to qlc ☹️.

Seems a bit strange to leave this functionality out as it's the way most software and hardware I have used before works.
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

I believe you could do this with a chase sequence and the oscillator driven by the audio input.
markcooper

Post by markcooper »

I know there is a chaser effect which chases through a group of fixtures but what I am trying to do is create one from a bunch of static scenes.

It would be a shame if I can't do it as I really like the rest of the software and would more than happily buy it if it did this
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

Unless Dave chimes in stating otherwise, I don't believe there is a way to step through scenes using the built in audio source. You could probably do this externally with a sound to MIDI trigger programmed to step through scenes.
teb335

Post by teb335 »

Just a thought Mark, could you let the fx generator do the colour mixing rather than use the colours youve already mixed on the fixtures ? Or is there a reason you need to use the cyan magenta etc already mixed ?
markcooper

Post by markcooper »

I could let the FX generator do it but I prefer to choose myself, like I can on every other desk or software I have used. My moving heads are not RGB and I want to select colours on them that work with the pars, which I can't really do with this. Maybe I'm a control freak 😂

I guess at the end of the day the software is trying to be different, which is good but may miss the mark for me by not having standard features.
markcooper

Post by markcooper »

cgrafx wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 12:35 am Unless Dave chimes in stating otherwise, I don't believe there is a way to step through scenes using the built in audio source. You could probably do this externally with a sound to MIDI trigger programmed to step through scenes.
Ideally I want an all in one solution, although any suggestions for a sound to midi trigger for Windows would be welcome 🙂

Is there a way to create a sequence of scenes even without audio trigger? I couldn't a way to do it and I even read the manual 😂😂
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

Scenes are stored as presets.

And you can autoplay them (they are under the perform tab)

They can have a tempo, but the tempo is controlled independently from the master clock, tap tempo and audio inputs.

If the audio or tap tempo was connected to autoplay it would do pretty much exactly what your asking for.

You might want to drop that into the suggestion box.
markcooper

Post by markcooper »

cgrafx wrote: Fri Jul 19, 2019 7:55 pm Scenes are stored as presets.

And you can autoplay them (they are under the perform tab)

They can have a tempo, but the tempo is controlled independently from the master clock, tap tempo and audio inputs.

If the audio or tap tempo was connected to autoplay it would do pretty much exactly what your asking for.

You might want to drop that into the suggestion box.
Got it! As you say would do the job perfectly if could use tempo from audio. Will make suggestion 😁
markcooper

Post by markcooper »

Just noticed, in perform you only appear to be able to have one active scene (preset). I have added them to the buttons but still only one at once. Is there a way so the toggle on and off so you can have multiple?