Fixtures not triggering properly with MIDI

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
xclusiveimage

Fixtures not triggering properly with MIDI

Post by xclusiveimage »

Not sure if it's the actual fixtures or an issue somewhere else. Here's what I'm running into:

Using Logic Pro X with Show Buddy Active as a plugin. Every fixture is triggering properly except for 1. The trigger once, but when I go to a blackout preset and then trigger the light back on, it doesn't work.

Just wondering if anyone else has run across this.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Fixtures not triggering properly with MIDI

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

First thing is to check that the expected DMX data is being transmitted. If it is, then the problem may lie with your preset design, with the fixture itself, or with the DMX wiring.

Download the free ArtNetMon utility, and configure SBA to transmit to Art-Net, via the [Universes...] button.

Then fire your blackout preset, and watch the ArtNetMon window carefully to ensure the correct values are being transmitted to the problem fixture.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
xclusiveimage

Re: Fixtures not triggering properly with MIDI

Post by xclusiveimage »

Thanks for the assist Dave!

I verified my DMX data is being transmitted as expected. I think it may be a glitch with my UV fixture. I did find a workaround though - I found that the fixture will come on if you adjust one of the channel faders, so I put a Sine wave on it with a 1% amount and then saved that into my preset. Works great now.