MIDI-mapping Fade On/Off & Speed

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Hambone

MIDI-mapping Fade On/Off & Speed

Post by Hambone »

Should I be able to MIDI-map Fade On/Off & Speed? I'm trying to do it through Ableton Live.

I'm opening the standalone Show Buddy Active, selecting MIDI Learn, selecting Fade Time ON/OFF in the MIDI Learn menu, and transmitting a clip with a single note from Ableton Live. It doesn't seem to be doing anything, though.

Should the MIDI Learn feature be in the Live plug-in?

Any help appreciated!

Edit: I found the MIDI Learn button in the plug-in, but when I activate it, I can't launch the Live clip to MIDI-map the note. When I close the MIDI Learn feature, I can then launch the Live clip, but it doesn't map.
Hambone

Re: MIDI-mapping Fade On/Off & Speed

Post by Hambone »

I managed to map the note to SBA by looping the clip in Live, and then opening MIDI Learn in SBA.

SBA now sees the incoming MIDI note, but it doesn't toggle Fade Time On and Off.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

What version of macOS or Windows, and what version of Ableton are you running?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Windows 10, Live 9.

SBA acknowledges the incoming MIDI note from Live, and shows the note mapped to the On/Off button, but it doesn't toggle it.
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Sorted! I mapped a CC fader in TouchOSC on an iPad to Fade Time, leaving Fade always ON. Passes straight through Live to SBA. Setting Fade Time to 0 functions the same as turning it off. Also made some buttons to set ready-made Fade Times.