confusing...

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Gordon C

confusing...

Post by Gordon C »

Maybe the new DMX programmer should have been called Light Buddy or DMX Buddy?
Now there are two absolutely different progs that do different things plus the variants, all called the same thing.
Sound-guy Steve

Re: confusing...

Post by Sound-guy Steve »

Agreed! I just had the programs explained to me in another forum, then came here and saw this.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

We're working on this. In the meantime...

Show Buddy Active is a DMX controller and video player - it generates DMX lighting data and video clips for projection. It can send its data to the ENTTEC DMXIS hardware, or to Art-Net (network based DMX).

Show Buddy is a live show control program. Think of as a lightweight alternative to programs like Ableton Live or Logic Pro. On its own, Show Buddy can play backing tracks, organise your songs into sets, and control your MIDI equipment.

If you want Show Buddy to also control a lighting rig, you need to add DMXIS (from ENTTEC) or Show Buddy Active to generate the DMX data.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
RichG

Post by RichG »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Wed Dec 19, 2018 1:08 am We're working on this. In the meantime...

Show Buddy Active is a DMX controller and video player - it generates DMX lighting data and video clips for projection. It can send its data to the ENTTEC DMXIS hardware, or to Art-Net (network based DMX).

Show Buddy is a live show control program. Think of as a lightweight alternative to programs like Ableton Live or Logic Pro. On its own, Show Buddy can play backing tracks, organise your songs into sets, and control your MIDI equipment.

If you want Show Buddy to also control a lighting rig, you need to add DMXIS (from ENTTEC) or Show Buddy Active to generate the DMX data.
I gave the suggestion of renaming Show Buddy Active to ViDMX (pronounced Vid-Em-Ex) to emphasize its video capabilities in another forum.
ransu70

Post by ransu70 »

In my view the naming is really confusing.