Delay in Ableton Plugin

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
Studio-412

Delay in Ableton Plugin

Post by Studio-412 »

I think someone had mentioned this in another post (when it was called DMXIS Platinum), but I can't seem to find it anymore.

Is anyone else having issues with the light scenes changing a split second late?

I'd love to be able to create an offset for the MIDI signal, but Ableton only allows that for MIDI ports via the Link/MIDI tab of preferences.
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.47.50 AM.png
Screen Shot 2018-12-03 at 11.47.50 AM.png (34.6 KiB) Viewed 5857 times
Is there a way to fix this delay I'm seeing?

Thanks,
-G
Studio-412

Re: Delay in Ableton Plugin

Post by Studio-412 »

Any update on this...?
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

Not sure if this will help, but I delay the audio going through Live by 250ms. Then I can adjust each DMX fixture and "trick" it into starting up to 250ms early by using the individual track delays in Live. Also, captured video has about a 250ms latency, so I can then get all video to sync with the music, too.

It enabled me to get strobes to fire exactly on the beat, and some slower moving fixtures I could get to sync movements with more precise timing.
Studio-412

Post by Studio-412 »

I'm assuming you aren't playing instruments live with your backing tracks? That delay would be tough to play and sing into, no?
Hambone

Post by Hambone »

If your drummer is playing to a click, you can still send sequenced DMX info "early" by delaying the click 250ms, and adjust the delays on the various DMX tracks. Same effect as delaying prerecorded music.
coryjbergquist

Post by coryjbergquist »

Did anyone ever see any delay improvements with the DMXIS plugin? It seems like I'm having the same issue. The workaround of adding a track delay works, but I would have hoped that wouldn't be necessary.