creating fixture cues and overwriting presets

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
agent9

creating fixture cues and overwriting presets

Post by agent9 »

Maybe the solution exists, I don't know.

I created a bunch of cues for my fixtures.
Each fixture has its own bank, we'll just say fixture1, fixture2, fixture3 as the bank names. Within each bank are presets for various colors for that particular fixture. These color presets have all sliders except the fixture masked.

I created another bank called "Scenes" that contains my assemble presets from the individual ques. Using the ques I can assemble a scene, press New, and name it accordingly.

The problem is that I cant find a way to go back and edit any of my existing presets in the Scenes bank after using the cues from the fixtures. I know I can manually adjust things in the controls window but i want to speed things up.

Once I change a fixture cue or two, then go back to the Scenes bank and select a preset that I would want to change, I obviously lose the new look of the preset because its not saved.

It seems that a workaround would be to allow an overwrite of the existing preset if the name is the same. So press New, type existing name of the preset you want to overwrite with the new look, a dialog box confirming the overwrite, and it saves ( if you choose to do so).

Right now, I have to save another new preset altogether, then delete the old one, then rename the newer one to the old name.

I think I'm missing something simple that would skip all of this but i can't figure it out. I thought there was a thread about this in the old DMXis forum but I cant find it.

Thanks for any input.