DMXIS Platinum Wish List

Chat about Show Buddy Active lighting & video control software
RichG

DMXIS Platinum Wish List

Post by RichG »

I had one of these going for DMXIS, figure I'll start one early for Platinum.

After playing around with the Platinum Demo, here are some things that come to mind:
  • Have a way to report 'wishes' (and bugs) much like THIS forum section at Fractal Audio.
  • Freely move fixtures around DMX addressing. Click & drag to new positions... or better yet, make the interface 'fixture' based where you can number the fixtures sequentially and have the DMX addresses automatically assigned based on fixture settings.
  • Hide Unused / Hide Selected. Sometimes a fixture may have channels within its profile that will never be used. For example, if I'm doing everything through DMX control, I'm probably not going to use the Macro channel on a fixture. If that's the case I'd prefer to hide it.
  • Remember Master dimmer setting upon exit / Save per show.
  • Allow Controls/Effect/Perform window to be narrower or an option to show/reveal that pane.
  • In Controls window, Have a Show Selected fixture mode. In this mode, only the selected fixture would show up in the fader row.
  • In Controls window, Have multiple rows. Instead of one row of faders, 2 or 4 fader rows would be nice.
  • In Controls window, Have 'saved' views. This would be go along with the Show Selected fixture mode. Saved views would be a group of selected fixtures... for example, A saved view might be 'All Back Washes' or 'Ground Movers'.
  • Create Virtual faders that allow control over multiple faders (For fixtures without a master dimmer)
  • Some way to assign Color Harmony to a group of selected fixtures. This can probably be done with a Macro, but I haven't seen one yet.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: DMXIS Platinum Wish List

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Done. Feel free to kick us off, one feature per post please :)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
RichG

Post by RichG »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Fri Nov 16, 2018 5:24 pm Done. Feel free to kick us off, one feature per post please :)
Excellent! I'll start adding... :)
theremoteguy

Post by theremoteguy »

A way to visualise derby and laser"star" effects would be interesting. Wouldn't have to be that accurate just give you a general idea of how it might look.
razberri

Post by razberri »

When selecting a fader/channel in the lower section of the Controls frame, a brief (3 seconds) message pops up in the lower portion of the Channel frame (example: "CM GAuv | DMX 150 | Ch 78").
I would find it very useful if this message did not disappear after 3 seconds, but only after you either select another fader/channel, or you click in the Visualizer frame to de-select everything.
vwodwo22

Post by vwodwo22 »

Current DMXIS user here. Been demo-ing the SBA for a few days now particularly for the visualizer. Probably will purchase the non-video version after a little more tinkering/playing. One thing I would like to see is, the user having the being ability to manually input certain values/variables. For example, I have a spot that has about 10 different colors. 2 Colors however are named "LRain1" and "LRain2" 8 Colors display correctly, those 2 colors however display nothing. It would be nice if a person could "Edit Fixture", see a list of channels, and edit/override values something like the following:

S,128,191,Rain1 (RGB 0, 20, 255)
S,192,255,Rain2 (RGB 0, 40, 255)

Same could apply to Pan/Tilt Ranges (270, 360, 540) and strobe speeds (at the moment I can only get strobe effects using oscillator)

There are my 2 cents. FWIW, I see the SBA as having a lot of potential.
vwodwo22

Post by vwodwo22 »

Got another one!

On the "Perform Tab" under "Banks" and "Presets" have 2 sub-columns the left of the bank and preset names displaying midi# 001-0128 in the first column, and the second displaying the actual midi note and octave which corresponds. For example, I currently name my songs as such:

001 - C-2 - Are You Gonna Go My Way
002 - CS-2 - Slither
003 - D -2 - Misery Business

Number - midi note and octave - song name I am using Ableton which starts at octave -2. I assume others do to but that's just an assumption.

Something else which may fall under this and may not, so I will include it here. I really ...really...like that you can't move songs/presets without actually having the sort button activated. I can sometimes be my own worst enemy. What would also be cool, is to be able to view/preview the songs in alphabetical order without actually changing the order of playback (also displaying corresponding # and midi note to the left). In case you have a ton of songs (like me: 76) finding a particular song can be difficult. Granted nothing would change with my current naming schema, but I would change the my names if this were implemented.
vwodwo22

Post by vwodwo22 »

Another Request:

Check preset/bank name prior to saving new or renamed names for invalid characters such as # and / etc. Pretty sure the stand alone will appear to save however does not and the plugin when attempting to save in ableton, crashes ableton. I kick myself every time I do it.