Platinum examines each fixture to find the "heads", and each head is displayed on the visualiser as a separate icon. For example, an RGB parcan has one head, an 8-channel dimmer pack has 8 heads, an LED strip with 6 RGBAW sections has 6 heads.
Platinum creates heads according to these rules:
- If there is at least one Dimmer channel, and no RGBAW channels, create a head for each Dimmer channel;
- If there is at least one RGB/RGBA/RGBW/RGBAW block, create a head for each block;
- Otherwise, create a single head.
- RGBAW and Dimmer channels must be defined as type "D" in the fixture file.
- RGBAW must be named "red", "Red", "R", "green", "Green", "G" etc in the fixture file.
For those more complex fixtures, it's usually best to split it into several fixture files , one for each logical section of fixtures.