Dynamic & Virtual Global Dimmer

Discuss D-Pro Python macro programming, and post any new macros here!
rv2931

Dynamic & Virtual Global Dimmer

Post by rv2931 »

Hello,
I'm starting to do my own pyhton script effets.
Actually, I'm trying to do something simple to control my LED BAR (24 Channels, so 8 RGB colour channels)
I've done something not to bad with a colour picker, global % level and a "each segment" % level. It's is really easier to make a cue with like this
My probleme is that I would to change/choose the colour used dynamicly during the show.
I think I've read that scripts are not designed to be dynamic and real-time used, but I asked the question anyway.

I would to create a kind of virtual rgb color device, not used as real device, but as a color reference used in my scripts.
It could be done like this :
- Create a generic colour device on the first 3 or 4 channels (RGB or RGB+Master level)
- I create an script/effect with a parameter that give the script the ID of the device used as colour reference (so it could be the first 0 ID)
- And each time I have to set the colour of my device (real one and selected one) in my script, I will get the value from the 0 absolute device and so, the script will change the colour dynamicly during the show according the first virtual device color.
- extending the concept to 2 or more colors/parameters...

The first problem I see here is that in the script, it looks that we can access only to selected devices, and not to a specific existing and absolute device/channel.
The other problem/question is : if I could access to a specific not selected but created device, does the script can get the color of this device in real time as they are actually designed ?
The third question is of course : Maybe I'm using a wrong way to do this and another way already exists to do that, so, I would be happy to get answer to this question too :)
Thank you
RV
PS : I'm a C++ programmer
PS2 : I've no experience of how professional light technicians are programming their Light Table/Software to get so complex and beautiful results...