Inversed Oscillator

Discuss D-Pro Python macro programming, and post any new macros here!
widru

Inversed Oscillator

Post by widru »

Hello,

I am looking for help to program an 'inversed' version of the oscillator function.

I have been trying to get it to work with the Python guide, but I am affraid it is above my skills ;-)

By inversed I mean I would like to change the waveform direction (for every type of wavform),
The idea is to combine it with the 'standard' oscillator attribute within a cue.
So, for example, I could have the blue channel of an RGB fixture oscillate with a sine starting from 0 to 100% and back, and at the same time, make the green channel oscillate from staring 100% to 0% and back.
This would make it possbile to create a clean fade / chase from green over cyan to blue (and back) within a single cue.

Looking forward to a reply.

Best regards,

Wim
j_dublay

Re: Inversed Oscillator

Post by j_dublay »

Any update on this?

I am assuming this is possible as the circle script incorporates a forward and backwards button. Having that available on the regular attribute oscillator would would be very helpful.

I attempted to copy the forward/backward button into that script with no luck as well as tried just removing the pan or tilt channels from the circle script. When doing either it would work until I reloaded the palette and then it just seemed to affected all the different instances globally.
flippatspace

Post by flippatspace »

I can send you such script if needed.
Just contact me and I can guide you.

would be also pretty cool to have some central place for scripts. something like the fixture library but for d-pro scripts. So we can share what everbody has in his installation.
Dj Solo

Post by Dj Solo »

flippatspace wrote: Tue Nov 03, 2020 11:25 am I can send you such script if needed.
Just contact me and I can guide you.

would be also pretty cool to have some central place for scripts. something like the fixture library but for d-pro scripts. So we can share what everbody has in his installation.
can you send me one too, please?
djsolofeedback@gmail.com

Thanks
RyanMcRobb

Post by RyanMcRobb »

There aren't many posts here- I think it would be great to just post up their macros right here to the forum. :)