Tilt oscillator doesn't work if fixture has no pan

Discuss D-Pro Python macro programming, and post any new macros here!
ChrisDuncan

Tilt oscillator doesn't work if fixture has no pan

Post by ChrisDuncan »

I have a new fixture, a Chauvet COLORband Pix-M running in full 42 channel mode. You can double check my fixture (currently private, Color band Pix M by cddpsc) but I'm pretty sure it's set up properly as the attributes page controls everything as expected. Note that I put in the channel for the automated macros but didn't define any values beyond the default because I don't use it.

This fixture has tilt only. When operating tilt from the attributes window, everything responds normally. However, if I assign the stock Attribute Oscillator effect and select Tilt from the list, it does nothing to the fixture. If I set the attribute to Dim, I can see the dimmer responding to the wave form. While tilt is selected in the effect, I can go over to the main attributes page and confirm that via manual control, tilt is working fine. But it's not responding to the oscillator.

On a hunch, I went into the fixture def and added a dummy pan at channel 43 and reloaded the fixtures. The attribute page now shows a pan / tilt control and tilt continues to respond. Adding the effect, selecting tilt now causes the fixture to respond, although it only seems to be using 0 to 128 even with the fixture speed very slow and amount set to 100%. That said, with no pan channel, the oscillator doesn't affect the fixture. Add a dummy pan, and it does.

Are there known issues for macros with fixtures who have tilt but no pan? And are there suggested workarounds?
Christopher Duncan
Author of
Have Fun, Get Paid: How to Make a Living With Your Creativity
http://www.ChristopherDuncan.com