Macro for "moving" faders (rather than just patching channels)?

Discuss macro programming, and post any new macros here!
adamfresk

Macro for "moving" faders (rather than just patching channels)?

Post by adamfresk »

Would it be at all possible to create a macro that moves any settings (fader position, oscillator, masking and so on) from one fader in DMXIS to another?

I´m about to replace my existing moving heads with another model, and I think I should be just about able to replace one for the other within DMXIS as well, while keeping my existing programming. Most issues with the channels/addresses not matching each other between the two different fixtures should be possible to solve by channel patching, so that certain given "physical" faders in DMXIS controls different DMX channels in the new fixture, and thereby controls the correct function (where the two units differ in that respect).

For one or two channels, however, I would really need for the physical fader (not just the DMX channel) to be moved to a different location on the "board", in order for there to be any kind of intuitive logic in the interface.

As of now (to take one example), the "physical" faders that control the spot dimmers in my current moving heads would need to be moved - along with all the settings that are programmed for them within the show - one space to the left, in order to match the addressing setup of the moving head fixtures I´m switching to. I could of coarse simply patch that fader to control the DMX channel for the spot dimmer in the new fixtures. But that would be a messy workaround, and leave me with an un-intuitive workspace where the fader for the spot dimmer would end up in a strange position relative to the other faders.

Does anybody know a way to solve this?

Thanks in advance!

/Adam
RichG

Re: Macro for "moving" faders (rather than just patching channels)?

Post by RichG »

Check out the macro I posted HERE. I think it will do what your asking for. If not, let me know and I'll modify it.