add or replace presets

Discuss macro programming, and post any new macros here!
r00n01

add or replace presets

Post by r00n01 »

Hello,

I have presets for all fixtures and all unused channels are masked out... so that they add to other fixtures when I select the preset. Of course it replaces the scene if the same fixture is sent a different preset.

What I would like to be able to do is have a macro that can select not just the addition of a preset to the scene so that whatever presets from other fixtures are not interfered with BUT ALSO have the choice of completely replacing the other fixtures presets and just have the new preset. A mix and A solo button :)

I know I do not communicate well :P

Is there a method by which I can achieve this without having to learn PYTHON scripting?
ChrisDuncan

Re: add or replace presets

Post by ChrisDuncan »

I'm not sure, but I think this approach might do what you want.

Let's say that preset 1 is what's currently displaying. Preset 2 has just a few changes, and all the rest of the channels your fixtures use are disabled. Preset 3 has different settings and all the channels your fixtures use enabled.

If you go from preset 1 to preset 2, it leaves preset 1 intact for the most part and only adds the settings in preset 2 that aren't disabled.

If you go from preset 1 to preset 3, all fixtures are updated to wherever they happen to be set in preset 3 so that 3 completely replaces 1.

This is just normal operation and doesn't require macros. Is this what you were looking to accomplish?
Christopher Duncan
Author of
Have Fun, Get Paid: How to Make a Living With Your Creativity
http://www.ChristopherDuncan.com