Prob a stupid Question

Chat relating to fixtures.dmxis.com, the fixture editor for all our lighting products.
youngboy1606

Prob a stupid Question

Post by youngboy1606 »

So I open the fixture creator and I want to create a color. In my fixture manual its Red Green for that setting. But the dropdown only allows for one color to be selected. So how does that work?

Also when I open a DMX file that was posted some of the lines end with a comma in some files and others have them ending on certain lines without any rhyme or reason. Do you terminate a line with a comma?

thanks for the help anybody I do appreciate it.
cgrafx

Re: Prob a stupid Question

Post by cgrafx »

youngboy1606 wrote: Sun Feb 09, 2020 4:24 am So I open the fixture creator and I want to create a color. In my fixture manual its Red Green for that setting. But the dropdown only allows for one color to be selected. So how does that work?

Also when I open a DMX file that was posted some of the lines end with a comma in some files and others have them ending on certain lines without any rhyme or reason. Do you terminate a line with a comma?

thanks for the help anybody I do appreciate it.
You don't create colors in the fixture editor.
The fixture editor defines specifically what properties are assigned to what DMX channels on your fixture.

Every light fixture will have a specific personality defining how many DMX channels it will use and how those DMX channels translate to the various features of the fixture.

A simple example would be a quad color fixture that may have two personalities (profiles)

Personality one: 4 channels: where the individual RGBA colors are controlled by corresponding channels 1-4
Personality two: 6 channels: where the individual RGBA colors are controlled, along with a master dimmer and a strobe setting.

If your Fixture has a preset color of "Red/Green" that is not a color channel but a control channel where a single DMX channel is being used to change the color output of the fixture depending on the DMX channel value (i.e., DMX CH 1, from 0-10 are off, 11-20 are GREEN, 21-30 are BLUE, 31-40 are RED, 41-50 are RED/GREEN, etc...
youngboy1606

Re: Prob a stupid Question

Post by youngboy1606 »

Thats a great explanation. So I set the channel to a 'control' if I have a multiple color that gets displayed. For the RGBW channels they are true 'color channels then.

So I have included a graphic the DMX settings of the fixture.

Based on what your saying then all the multiple color settings are control, the single color channels are color. What would the automatic, strobe, and motor be... I assume they are control also?

Is there somewhere that explains these?
dmx.jpg
dmx.jpg (47.34 KiB) Viewed 4241 times