Put all fixtures back to zero on program shut off?

Chat relating to fixtures.dmxis.com, the fixture editor for all our lighting products.
silent8367

Put all fixtures back to zero on program shut off?

Post by silent8367 »

I'm trying to figure out how to use the online fixture editor to shut off all my fixtures when I shut down DMXIS.

For example, I have a haze machine that I want to be able to toggle it on and off by shutting the program off. When I shut off DMXIS, it continues to send signal to the haze machine and it keeps going. Basically, I want to create a kill switch for my fixtures when I shut off the program.

I use Ableton Live to control DMXIS with programmed shows in all my sets. Sometimes I like to blackout all fixtures by toggling the on/off button in Ableton. Instead of programming a blackout, I want to be able to toggle DMXIS off (the programmed show keeps running with my music) and toggle it back on with all fixtures coming back to wherever it is in the show.

When I toggle the DMXIS off, it continues to perform the functions programmed in. Is there a way that the toggle switch can used as a blackout toggle?