New DMXIS fixture can't be found

Chat relating to fixtures.dmxis.com, the fixture editor for all our lighting products.
jerryjansson

New DMXIS fixture can't be found

Post by jerryjansson »

Made a new fixture, got it mailed to me, opened up the .zip and added the fixture profile to the fixture library.
When trying to add the fixture to a fader in the preset manager, the fixture can't be found in the library. All the other
brands and fixtures in the fixture library are there and can be assigned to the fader............ Anybody have any idea
why this is happening e.g.not happening ?
Cheers
Jerry J
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: New DMXIS fixture can't be found

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Please send me (dave@db-audioware.com) a copy of the fixture and I'll take a look. Might be corrupted. Are you on Windows or Mac?
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Jerry, thanks for sending over the file in question.

It works fine on my test systems, so the file itself is definitely OK. The fact that you can see the standard fixtures shows that DMXIS is able to scan the library file structure without problems. Are you sure you're installing the file into the global OS X Library folder, and not the user's local Library?

Here's a quick test - try renaming one of the standard manufacturer folders. That change should show up immediately in the DMXIS menu. If it doesn't, then you're looking in the wrong folder.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
jerryjansson

Post by jerryjansson »

Dave,
thanks for you reply.
If I had read the "read me" info in the folder............ this had not been a problem.
I'm obviously to old / much male to read "read me" info ;-)
Rigging / programming a show that I'm going on tour with next week, planning to use ShowBuddy, so I'll most certain
be back with more stuff I have to understand.
Cheers
Jerry J