Fixture not correct when imported into DMXIS

Chat relating to fixtures.dmxis.com, the fixture editor for all our lighting products.
sidekick94

Fixture not correct when imported into DMXIS

Post by sidekick94 »

Hi all.
I used the online fixture editor to create a 9 channel fixture. It's for a chauvet colordash par 9 channel.

Channel 1-dimmer
Channel 2,3,4 RGB
Channel 5,6,7,8,9 i just left alone and created undefined, blank channels. (going to go back and do the editing later)

When I export and then import into DMXIS the last 2 channels are not there for some reason.

I spent several hours trying to figure out the problem, after doing all of the editing for each channel, only to have random channels drop off...

Any ideas?
JeremyAtEnttec

Re: Fixture not correct when imported into DMXIS

Post by JeremyAtEnttec »

Since you haven't identified the fixture and your user name on that site, it's hard to say for sure, but I have a hunch the problem is related to your not filling some things in. Try giving every channel a name, even if it's a meaningless Gibberish one for now. And make sure your names are in the ShortName column. That's what DMXIS relies on most.
OUTLAW

Post by OUTLAW »

normally missing channels are indicative that the last preceeding channel had an error, so if you are missing Ch8 &Ch9 look closer at what youve specified in Ch7. but as mentioned above its hard to comment further without seeing the fixture code, make the fixture public so we can see it ;)
"if I'd have known I was gonna live this long Id have took better care of myself !!"
http://www.outlaw.fr
sidekick94

Post by sidekick94 »

Thanks Jeremy and Outlaw. That seems to have cleared up some things. However, I have another pesky fixture titled "Chauvet Color Dash Batten 10 Channel" - seems there are now EXTRA channels showing up. It's public. Mind having a look? thanks gang.
JeremyAtEnttec

Post by JeremyAtEnttec »

I had a go at it. Lots of things you left as Dimmer, that aren't, in terms of channel range settings. Maybe this will help. At least it will make sense to someone using D-PRO now. But I don't have the fixture so no idea really if I solved it completely or not. Log in, download, try this version.
Textures

Post by Textures »

The biggest mistake I was making in creating profiles was in leaving out some information for the upper range of values. More often than not, when my profiles didn't work, it was because I only had definitions for what to do with values up to 225 (instead of 255) or something similar.

So you may have already fixed everything, but try looking at the details for each channel to make sure that every one knows what to do with all of the values. As was mentioned before, if channel 8 & 9 are missing, it was generally because I messed up the end of channel 7.