Move Channels

randytheking

Move Channels

Post by randytheking »

It would be extremely helpful to be able to move channels.

I have an entire show programmed and am upgrading some fixtures. The new fixtures have a few extra channels. All the programming I've done will work if I could just move existing channels down to make room for the extra channels on the new fixtures.

If a "move channel(s)" macro isn't possible, an "insert channel(s)" macro and a "delete channel(s)" macro would work too.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Move Channels

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

I have quickly roughed out a prototype macro for you. It moves all selected channels UP by one, across all banks & presets. Due to its potentially destructive nature, use with caution, and definitely make a backup copy of your show first (from the Manage Shows window). Download here:
Note I have only given the macro some basic testing, so use with caution. Let me know if it needs tweaked.

Also note the macro won't repatch your fixtures, it only moves the channel data (values, oscillator settings, sound tracker settings) stored in every preset. You'll need to manually re-patch your fixtures once you have shifted the data up by the required number of channels.

Dave.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

Dave,

Would this work to copy a 6 channel fixtures worth of data from one starting channel to another? For example. I have previously patched a 6 channel fixtute starting at 129 and would like to move it to start at 33. in effect jumping over other fixture data on channels 39 - 128?

Neil
JeremyAtEnttec

Post by JeremyAtEnttec »

Neil,

It wouldn't be used in that way as written, but if you monkey around with it, you might be able to understand how it works and change the math accordingly.
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

Had a play with the script and caused some damage to my presets. Thank god for backups lol. I have to say I'm stumped though. If anyone can help I would be very appreciative.
I need to move a 6 channel fixture that currently starts at 129 and would like to move it to start at 33.

Thanks in advance

Neil
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

neilnotts wrote:I need to move a 6 channel fixture that currently starts at 129 and would like to move it to start at 33.
Try this: http://forums.dmxis.com/viewtopic.php?f=21&t=221

Dave.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

Thanks Dave :D