DMXIS not available any more?

bruceqld

DMXIS not available any more?

Post by bruceqld »

Hi everyone. I have been happily using my two DMXIS units since the very early days of it's release. I recommended it to a friend who informed me they have been discontinued. Dave - please tell me it isn't so! Is there current hardware that will run with DMXIS, or is this the beginning of the end of my favourite lighting controller?

Kindest regards,
Bruce.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: DMXIS not available any more?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

ENTTEC are no longer manufacturing the DMXIS hardware. Support for the software will continue, but the software itself is unlikely to evolve much further.

I am now focusing my efforts on Show Buddy Active. SBA can import DMXIS show data, and works with any Enttec PRO compatible USB interface, so it's a more flexible way forwards.

A new SBA release is in final beta testing at the moment.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
bruceqld

Post by bruceqld »

Thanks for the reply Dave Great to know you are still on the job. I am a big fan of your work! . I run DMXIS in standalone mode, triggered by virtual midi from a a DAW as I use multi channel audio and require midi output for other aspects of show control. Would this kind of configuration be possible with show buddy? I liked the look of it when you first released it but at that time it had no midi functionality or sync options IIRC?
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

bruceqld wrote: Mon Dec 06, 2021 12:28 pmI run DMXIS in standalone mode, triggered by virtual midi from a a DAW as I use multi channel audio and require midi output for other aspects of show control. Would this kind of configuration be possible with show buddy?
Yes, with Show Buddy Active (whether standalone, VST or Audio Unit plug-in) you have MIDI control over everything on the Perform tab, and control over individual DMX channel sliders. You can also switch banks & presets using notes on MIDI channels 15/16.

Remote Control window
Remote Control window
Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 18.22.25.png (324.68 KiB) Viewed 2053 times

MIDI mappings are managed via the Show > Remote Control window.
Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 18.26.40.png
Screenshot 2021-12-08 at 18.26.40.png (89.68 KiB) Viewed 2054 times
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon