Apple Silicon M1 Native support

svennevs

Apple Silicon M1 Native support

Post by svennevs »

Hi,

Are there any plans for an Apple Silicon native version for the DMXIS software?

Best regards,
Sven
svennevs

Re: Apple Silicon M1 Native support

Post by svennevs »

I guess that’s a no…
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

DMXIS relies on some older libraries which are not easily ported to Apple Silicon format. However, DMXIS 1.7.2 runs fine via Apple's Rosetta 2 emulator.

If you are using a host which is built for Apple Silicon (e.g. Ableton Live 11.1) you may find that the DMXIS VST plug-in cannot be loaded. In this case, just use the DMXIS Audio Unit plug-in instead.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
NFMATT

Post by NFMATT »

Hi, sorry to dig up an old thread, but I find myself in a similar position here. I've been running older intel Mac hardware that never got past High Sierra. I finally upgraded to a newish M1 machine with Ableton 11 but I can't get it to see my trusty old Dmxis VST's.

You mention using the DMXIS Audio Unit plug-in, so my question is, where does one get this? I can't seem to find it on a google search and it's not an available download on the Dmxis page that I can see.

Thanks in advance
Dave Brown [admin]

The DMXIS Audio Units are installed automatically, when you run the DMXIS 1.7.4 installer.
  • /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/DMXIS.component (audio plug-in)
  • /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/DMXIS-Inst.component (instrument plug-in)
NFMATT

Post by NFMATT »

That's fantastic! Pardon my lack of knowledge about this, but how does one utilize these instead of the VSTs? Is there a tutorial that might help? We've just been using the VST's for years on the older hardware so we're just trying to upgrade as painlessly as possible.

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 8:45 am The DMXIS Audio Units are installed automatically, when you run the DMXIS 1.7.4 installer.
  • /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/DMXIS.component (audio plug-in)
  • /Library/Audio/Plug-Ins/Components/DMXIS-Inst.component (instrument plug-in)
Dave Brown [admin]

NFMATT wrote: Tue Jun 13, 2023 9:31 pm how does one utilize these instead of the VSTs?
Go to Live > Preferences > Plug-Ins, and enable "Use Audio Units v2". Now you should see the DMXIS plug-ins in the Live browser panel, under the "AUv2" section.

Functionally, the DMXIS VST and AU are identical, Just drag the Audio Unit into the track of your choice, then proceed exactly as you did with the VST plug-in.