DMXIS lighting rig walkthrough

paulwarrenmusic

DMXIS lighting rig walkthrough

Post by paulwarrenmusic »

I put together a video where I walk through my DMXIS controlled lighting rig. I thought it might be helpful for DYI folks who are building their own rigs and perhaps it'll give you some ideas. Here it is!

[BBvideo=500,300]https://youtu.be/6ie59pZe5bc[/BBvideo]
RichG

Re: DMXIS lighting rig walkthrough

Post by RichG »

Very nice setup! Thanks for doing the video. I can appreciate compact lighting setups that are efficient both visually and setup wise. My current lighting rig takes as much if not more times to set up than the PA. I'm always looking for ways to make set up quicker. I use wireless DMX which saves a LOT of time when it comes to running DMX cable. The most recent time saver I've done is integrated some DMX512 PCB's into my moving heads. Prior to that I was using some rechargeable receivers. They worked well, but sometimes they wouldn't make it through a whole four hour gig on a single charge. I'd have to remember to swap them out while on break... plus recharge them before a show. It's easy to do, but it counts as one more thing to remember.

Here's a pic of my current rig consisting of 18 Pars, 4 Moving Heads, 4 LED Bars for back lighting, 2 Sweeping LED Bars mounted vertically on a truss, 1 Fogger
FB_IMG_1634394625523.jpg
FB_IMG_1634394625523.jpg (60.07 KiB) Viewed 1044 times