Enttec Emu?

garynewt70

Enttec Emu?

Post by garynewt70 »

On the Enttec site, they are billing Emu as the successor to DMXIS, yet on here ShowBuddy Active appears to be its successor.

Emu appears to be pretty early in its development stages, but feels “familiar”. A lot of similarities with DMXIS, but definitely not refined as much as SBA. It just feels like DMXIS with a different interface.

Dave, are you involved with the Emu development at all, or is it being developed by just the Enttec developers?
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Enttec Emu?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

EMU is an ENTTEC project, absolutely nothing to do with me.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
RichG

Post by RichG »

Just went and took a look at it. Hmmm... It says it's the "DMXIS's Next Generation", but functionality-wise I'd say it appears to more pre-DMXIS. Searched through the manual for scripting features (which I use a lot in DMXIS)- nothing there. They lost me at that point. Show Buddy Active is definitely more the next generation of DMXIS than Enttec Emu.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

RichG wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:50 pmShow Buddy Active is definitely more the next generation of DMXIS than Enttec Emu.
Thank you :)
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
garynewt70

Post by garynewt70 »

RichG wrote: Mon Nov 22, 2021 10:50 pm Just went and took a look at it. Hmmm... It says it's the "DMXIS's Next Generation", but functionality-wise I'd say it appears to more pre-DMXIS. Searched through the manual for scripting features (which I use a lot in DMXIS)- nothing there. They lost me at that point. Show Buddy Active is definitely more the next generation of DMXIS than Enttec Emu.
This was my conclusion as well. EMU still seems a bit “half-baked”, and no where near the level of SBA.