Copying presets to a new bank

tomdavisdotcom

Copying presets to a new bank

Post by tomdavisdotcom »

Can I copy presets from one bank into a newly created bank? There must be a way but I can't figure it out.
RichG

Re: Copying presets to a new bank

Post by RichG »

Yes, you can do this outside of DMXIS. The banks are just folders in the ENTTEC\DMXIS\Presets folder. Close the DMXIS program, Go into the Presets folder and copy the bank to a new folder, then run DMXIS. The new folder will show up in the list of banks.
tomdavisdotcom

Post by tomdavisdotcom »

my presets folder just contains a RESET ALL file - i used notepad to open it and its not in a format to carry out as you described..
RichG

Post by RichG »

Sounds like you could be looking at the wrong Presets folder... The banks you create in DMXIS will be located here:
C:\Users\Public\Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS\Presets
tomdavisdotcom

Post by tomdavisdotcom »

PERFECT! thanks!
adamfresk

Post by adamfresk »

Borrowing this thread...

This used to work for me.

Now (since updating OSX to Catalina, which I had been holding off for fear that my DAW apps etc would stop working), the new bank shows up as empty in DMXIS. There are no scenes. In finder, all scenes are there, but not within DMXIS itself.

I´ve tried and re-tried several times, using two different "methods".

1. Duplicating the bank folder I want to clone, and then renaming the resulting copy.

2. Creating a new, empty folder and then copying all presets from the old bank to this new folder.

But nothing works. The bank shows up within DMXIS, but remains empty.

Ideas?