Help with Oscillator Settings

Mike7300

Help with Oscillator Settings

Post by Mike7300 »

Hi - I’m trying to do a sequence with my Chauvet colorband pix which has 10 separate lights on it. Basically I want all 10 lights to randomly go on and off at sudden times using just one color. I was able to achieve this with the following settings for red.

Settings are type - square, amount - 100%, 6 bars, shape 50%

Is it possible to achieve this for a color that is a mix of two colors, for example I would like to do this with yellow but can’t figure out how to do it. If I use the macro and pick yellow and then use the same settings for the oscillator it gives multiple colors because it’s mixing. So basically I need the green and red to stay proportional at all times so it stays as yellow. Thank you
Mike7300

Re: Help with Oscillator Settings

Post by Mike7300 »

I think the other tricky thing is when one color goes to 0, the other color needs to also otherwise I’ll end up with either a red or green.
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

Mike7300 wrote: Tue Aug 10, 2021 5:53 am I was able to achieve this with the following settings for red.

Settings are type - square, amount - 100%, 6 bars, shape 50%
Hi there.

What chase setting did you select?

With the red preset running, click on each red fader one at a time and make note of the chase number (this will be different for each fader).

Then, one green fader at a time, set up the same settings you stated above and add the unique chase number to match the red chase number for that light.

Once you save and launch your new preset, this should produce the yellow chase you're wanting.

I hope that makes sense 🙂
Mike7300

Post by Mike7300 »

Yes thanks that worked!
Couple other scenarios I have questions on, also just trying to understand what makes things random vs. lights going in order like the below. Does having the chase on make the light pattern random or it’s just staggering the lights?

What if i want one light going on at a time from left to right instead of it being random? So light 1 is lit, then light 2 is lit and light 1 goes off, light 3 is lit and light 2 goes off etc.

How about if I want a colorband to light from one side to the other and keep building? So starts with no lights lit, then first one is lit, then first two, first three, etc until all 10 are lit and then a) it starts that progression over with no lights lit or b) it then starts going back the other way until no lights are lit.

Hopefully that all makes sense, thanks
Mike7300

Post by Mike7300 »

Still looking some help with this. Thanks
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

Apologies for the delay. Only just sat down with DMXIS to work out and answer your questions :)

"Does having the chase on make the light pattern random or it’s just staggering the lights?"
Where chase is set to the left of the centre of the dial (12 o'clock), the chase goes right to left. Where chase is set to the right of centre it chases left to right.

"What if i want one light going on at a time from left to right instead of it being random? So light 1 is lit, then light 2 is lit and light 1 goes off, light 3 is lit and light 2 goes off etc."
Using red as an example, Select the 10 red channels. As before, set the Type to Square, Amount to 100, chase to 9, Speed to whatever suits (for this example I used 4 bars) and shape to 10. This should provide the above effect. To leave 2 consecutive lights on at a time you would set the Shape to 20.

"How about if I want a colorband to light from one side to the other and keep building? So starts with no lights lit, then first one is lit, then first two, first three, etc until all 10 are lit and then a) it starts that progression over with no lights lit or b) it then starts going back the other way until no lights are lit."
I don't believe this is possible with DMXIS.

Hope that helps.
Mike7300

Post by Mike7300 »

Thanks!!