Wireless midi control of DMXIS

RichG

Wireless midi control of DMXIS

Post by RichG »

One project that has been lingering on my seemingly endless task list was to build a case for my lighting controller. I'm using a Fractal Audio MFC-101 midi controller to send PC & CC messages to DMXIS. This setup is completely wireless. THIS 12 Vdc battery is used to power everything so no power cable is needed. Midi is transmitted and received with a Yamaha MD-BT01 so no midi cables needed. The general configuration is:

Code: Select all

----------- Foot Controller -------------- ---------------- Laptop ----------------
[Switch Box]->-[MFC-101]->-[MD-BT01]~~ >> ~~[MidiBerry]->-[LoopMidi]->-[DMXIS]-->>--[DMXIS Box]->-[Wireless DMX Transmitter]~~>>~~[Multiple Wireless DMX receivers]->-[Lighting]
IMG_4189.JPG
IMG_4189.JPG (178.24 KiB) Viewed 1918 times
ddrumguy

Re: Wireless midi control of DMXIS

Post by ddrumguy »

Very Cool ! , I am just getting started with dmxis myself and have been wondering how i am going to make all these light sequences work (being a drummer - i will have my left foot available - sometimes..)

have also been considering buying ableton light for 99 bucks to try to sequence the lights.. seems like the spending is endless to try to get this stuff up and running/automated

nice to see how others are doing this
RichG

Re: Wireless midi control of DMXIS

Post by RichG »

ddrumguy wrote: Mon Jul 12, 2021 3:04 am nice to see how others are doing this
That's one of the reasons why I created this thread. It's helpful to see alternate approaches.

A nice thing about DMXIS, it can be as simple or as complex as you make it. My configuration with the wireless midi control is pretty elaborate. If it should fail, I have a simple backup solution consisting of a two button switch. I have a specific Bank of presets when using the Footswitch control. The switch is configured to step Up or Down through the presets. Every other preset turns moving heads On/Off. Press & Hold jumps to the last preset which turns Strobe ON to add some 'energy' during a song.