Do Settings From Standalone App Carry Over to VST?

coryjbergquist

Do Settings From Standalone App Carry Over to VST?

Post by coryjbergquist »

Hello,

Do the settings and preferences that I setup in the standalone DMXis carry over to the VST that I'm using in Ableton? I can see all of my presets, however I went into the standalone DMXis application and changed the preferences to deselect the "Sync to incoming MIDI clock" option because I want the preset to restart every time a new preset is triggered.

From my understanding, this should mean that the oscillator should restart every time I launch a new preset. However when I launch new presets from the VST in Ableton, I believe they are not starting from the beginning.

For example, I have a long fade in that uses Saw Up over 12 bars. So I'd like the dimmer to go from 0 to 100 over those 12 bars. However when the preset is launched via MIDI, it starts about halfway through the fade. I'm assuming this is because the oscillator has not reset and it's just keeping in time with where the song is. I understand this is probably desirable in a lot of situations, just not for what I'm attempting.

Any ideas on how to solve this?
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Do Settings From Standalone App Carry Over to VST?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

In the standalone Preferences window you'll see an option under "Plug-In Settings" called "Sync oscillators to song position". Switch that off.

Now, oscillators in the VST plug-in will trigger when a preset is loaded, instead of syncing to the host song position.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
coryjbergquist

Re: Do Settings From Standalone App Carry Over to VST?

Post by coryjbergquist »

Well dang I guess I should have scrolled down more to find that! That's exactly what I needed thanks so much!

Absolutely loving the DMXis by the way, certainly a game changer for my live show.