DMXIS changing presets from wrong channels

Evil Patrick

DMXIS changing presets from wrong channels

Post by Evil Patrick »

It is my understanding that DMXIS listens to MIDI events on channels 15/16. I don't see any documentation that says otherwise.

I have a MIDI controller (Helix) that has a subset of foot buttons configured to send bank/program events on channel 7. Other foot buttons send bank/program events on channel 15. The channel 15 events are used to select DMXIS presets. The channel 15 events are driving DMXIS exactly as expected.

The channel 7 events are not meant for DMXIS; they are used to control something else.

MidiOx is showing that my MIDI events are correctly being sent. There are no spurious or extra events.

When I use a foot button to send an event on channel 7, DMXIS is unexpectedly jumping to the corresponding integer preset in the Bank list. It seems that DMXIS is listening to channel 7.

How do I stop this misbehaving?
Evil Patrick

Re: DMXIS changing presets from wrong channels

Post by Evil Patrick »

AH HA!

1.7.2 removes the OMNI behavior.

Downloading now...
Evil Patrick

Post by Evil Patrick »

I was able to resolve my problem with the 1.7.2 version.

I would like to also recommend that other folks with somewhat complex midi routing challenges look into a combination of midiOX and loopMIDI.

You can use midiOX to create mapping filters that allow the transformation of events and channels to alternate events on alternate channels, and you can use loopMIDI to create virtual ports that look like additional, available ports to other applications that need midi messages.
andyp13

Post by andyp13 »

Have you noticed that the only way you get a reply on this forum is if you answer your own questions 😂
I don’t think anyone uses this forum any more....it’s a shame as it’s good software and deserves to be supported 🤷‍♂️