Basic chases can’t be done.

andyp13

Basic chases can’t be done.

Post by andyp13 »

Hi all
Loving the DMXIS for ease of use but finding it impossible and unable to perform simple chases that I want instead of just random..
I have 4 COBLeds at each side of the stage and would like for each one to flash white in sequence. So ALL lights will be off except the first on on left, then all off except the 2nd etc etc through to the last light on the right... I was able to do this straight away with MyDMX software as it should be quite a basic thing to do, unfortunately it doesn't seem possible in DMXIS ☹️
or is it?
neilnotts

Re: Basic chases can’t be done.

Post by neilnotts »

The oscillator in DMXIS is perfect for this. Assuming you are using 8 RGB cob leds, start by programming the chase with a single color. Once that chase is up and running, add the other 2 colours with the same oscillator settings, re-save the preset and you have your white chase.
Hope that helps. I Will try and put a video together showing the process if I get time.
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7Of6PtHrLgw

Have a look at this. Should hopefully explain how to create the chase you are after.
andyp13

Post by andyp13 »

Thanks for the vid, this works for one fader at a time, I wanted to use a white which is 3 faders RBG to make white...I can not get it to do them with a block of 3 at a time, only single...☹️
andyp13

Post by andyp13 »

Thanks for the vid, this works for one fader at a time, I wanted to use a white which is 3 faders RBG to make white...I can not get it to do them with a block of 3 at a time, only single...☹️
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

:shock: Did you watch the whole video?
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

You didn't mention which specific lights you are using. Is there a 4 or 5ch DMX mode with a master dimmer?

It would be easier to do what you wan't if that is supported.

Either way, you can chase multiple faders in groups, you just have to get the oscillator settings correct for each RGB group.
andyp13

Post by andyp13 »

neilnotts wrote: Thu Mar 04, 2021 12:09 am :shock: Did you watch the whole video?
Sorted - great video, helped a lot thanks. 🙏

One more thing is do you know where the 'Shows' are stored on a MAC as they are not in the DMXIS Content.
neilnotts

Post by neilnotts »

Phew! Was panicking there for a while :) glad it helped.

If you've saved a show, it will be stored in Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/Shows