DMXis halting in Cakewalk by BandLab

Lansledo

DMXis halting in Cakewalk by BandLab

Post by Lansledo »

Anyone please help.

I'm having a problem using DMXis as a virtual instrument in Cakewalk by BandLab. My song uses 10 midi tracks controlling my sound modules and about 10 DMXis midi tracks controlling a DMXis instrument track. The problem, when I play the song, the first few times, it plays. After that, the seq will slow down and pick back up and lots of times it will slow down and HALT in the middle of the song. I plan on using this soon on a live show. This cannot happen. How to fix???

Thanks
cgrafx

Re: DMXis halting in Cakewalk by BandLab

Post by cgrafx »

When you say you have 10 DMXIS tracks do you mean your using 10 instances of the plugin?

Of so, DMXIS is not designed to work that way. It should be configured as a single (1) DMXIS instance programed on a single track.
Lansledo

Post by Lansledo »

Track 13 is the DMXis plug-in instrument
Tracks 14 - 20 are each light midi track, output to Track 13, DMXis plug-in
Attachments
DMXis Tracks.JPG
DMXis Tracks.JPG (147.29 KiB) Viewed 2821 times
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

That looks like it should work (I'm not a Cakewalk user, so this is my best educated guess)

Are you saying Cakewalk is slowing down or Calkwalk plays, but DMXIS stops responding?

What kind of timing are you trying to achieve.

There are limits to how fast DMX lights will respond (meaning you can send lighting changes faster than DMX can transmit or receive data).
Lansledo

Post by Lansledo »

Yes, the seq slowed down and stopped. I just updated every driver I could think of. Two times the seq played with no problem. Lights were perfect. Never a delay anyway. The third time it stuttered once (like it skipped a beat). Then I restarted the computer and the seq stuttered like before and DMXis lost communication with Cakewalk. When DMXis loses communication like that, I have to restart Cakewalk by BandLab.
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

This seems like a Cakewalk issue. Unfortunately I don't have any experience with Cakewalk.

Perhaps there is a Cakewalk forum that you might check, unless somebody else here has something to add to the discussion.

Wish I could give you more help.
Lansledo

Post by Lansledo »

Thanks. Appreciated.