The simplest of setups?

AndyP

The simplest of setups?

Post by AndyP »

EDIT - SOLVED! :)

Apologies for this post, it's probably not even anything to do with DMXIS, but you're the only lighting forum I belong to (I'm a soundie really).

I've set myself what I thought would be the simplest of jobs... Light up the inside of our village church for Xmas. Nothing clever, just some static colours in the windows.

Now, I have access to about 30 lovely newish Visage RGBWA+UV lanterns and I knew I can manually set them to any colour using the up/down buttons on the back. No need for dmx, no need to daisy chain them. Just run them off a few plug-in mains timeswitches and bob's your uncle. (They need to switch on at dusk and off again at 10:30pm).

Quack, quack, oops! Having shown the effect to the powers that be, got enthusiastic responses and told to go ahead... I now suddenly realise that the Visage lamps don't seem to have a wake-up memory. If you turn the power off and then on again, they just sit there dark and wait for you to re-program them!

Now, I do own a DMXIS unit and Show Buddy software but can't think how they would help to achieve this.
I know someone with a small dmx desk, but I can't imagine that has a 24hr timer function or re-boots to a previous state on power-up

Apart from not using these lights at all and going back to old-school parcans and coloured gels (none of which I own anyway), can anyone think of how to get round this situation?
Otherwise, I think I'm down to visiting the church building every day and manually re-setting every lamp! :o
Last edited by AndyP on Sun Nov 29, 2020 12:40 pm, edited 1 time in total.
AndyP

Re: The simplest of setups?

Post by AndyP »

Panic over...
I just found the way to get these lanterns to wake up in the previous state when power is reapplied.

On this model it's a long press on the ENTER button - there's nothing about that in the two page "chinenglish" leaflet.
On the next version (with a slightly better manual) it's press MODE+UP together.