FCB1010 MIDI Channel Assignments

nohoosier

FCB1010 MIDI Channel Assignments

Post by nohoosier »

If I am understanding correctly, DMXIS uses Note On Messages on Channel 15 for switching BANKS and Channel 16 for switching PRESETS. But to set the Note On MIDI function to a channel on the FCB1010, I can only use it on one channel, not two, correct? If I understand, the NoteOn applies to ALL the presets on the controller and can only be applied to one channel. If that is the case, do I have to choose between switching the BANKS or the PRESETS if only using Note On messages? I have tried to set the MIDI function using the FCB1010 Manager and I see no way of using 2 channels. I was hoping to use the Direct Select method to go between DMXIS banks and presets but I now think I have to do one or the other. Am I missing something?
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: FCB1010 MIDI Channel Assignments

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The new 1.7.2 DMXIS release lets you share a single MIDI channel for both bank & preset control. For example, here's how to control banks with the first 12 notes of MIDI ch 3, and presets with the second 12 notes of MIDI ch 3.
Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 12.24.24.png
Screenshot 2020-11-29 at 12.24.24.png (109.97 KiB) Viewed 1881 times
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
nohoosier

Re: FCB1010 MIDI Channel Assignments

Post by nohoosier »

Thank you for the reply and screen shot. I went ahead and downloaded the 1.7.2 version but I still cannot get DMXis to respond to the FCB1010. I unplugged everything, ordered some new cords (I bought the FCB1010 used and it came with the midi to usb so wasn't sure what condition that was in) and hooked up an Obey 70 I had. Programmed the FCB1010 and plugged into the Obey 70 and all works as it should but man... difficult and boring after using DMXis. I will clear everything and start from scratch with the DMXis and new cords. Now that I know the FCB1010 is functioning and I can actually program it correctly, I must be missing something in the DMXis program.