Fade To Next error

audiblecreations

Fade To Next error

Post by audiblecreations »

Hello all,
I have a show in 3 days and have been working for months on a 48 song setlist on ableton live using dmxis as a return. I just recently started having major issues with the Fade To Next fader jumping up to values I have not assigned it to. I keep fade to next at 0 on every single one of my presets but somehow the fader will jump to a different value on random presets while a song is playing and stay there, throwing off the light show. I can right click fade to next and see something has been "learned" on to that fader. I click "forget" and have to go through and reset all the presets that have changed from value 0 to 14.63 etc and eventually the program stops changing the fade time from 0. Sometimes resetting all the presets to 0 doesn't always work and I have to restart the programs multiple times. This glitch just started happening and all of my software is up to date.

What are your thoughts? What can I do to correct this issue? Is there a way to tell what key/parameter/midi note is being learned in to the fade to next fader in order to stop it? Any advice would be greatly greatly appreciated!

SILVERBULLETSRVA.COM
RichG

Re: Fade To Next error

Post by RichG »

Take a look at the Preset file. It will be in:

C:\Users\Public\Documents\ENTTEC\DMXIS\Presets\<Preset Name>.prt

There's a line in that file that should look like this:

<Param nm="Crossfade" v="0" cc="-1" nrpn="-1" ch="0"/>

The 'v' parameter is the Fade timer. 'cc' is the midi learned CC value. See if it's set to something other than "-1".

Try to figure out exactly when it's changing.
audiblecreations

Thank you so much for your reply!
Just opened up the program and the Fade To Next has been learned to something...
opened up the .prt files and checked the cc for crossfade and it is still at -1 on all presets. I think at this point as long as I can "forget" that midi assignment to that fader before I start playing tracks, it won't randomly start changing and affect the show. Not positive but more or less praying so since all the lights and my dmxis box are packed up in a trailer headed east. I'll keep an eye on it and if anything changes I'll dive back into the .prt files. Thanks again!
audiblecreations

The error is happening any time I open up the program. as in, the fade to next fader has something learned to it immediately upon opening ableton and launching DMXIS.