Bug & feature requests

HellishVictor

Bug & feature requests

Post by HellishVictor »

Hi,

On the standalone, the shorcut Ctrl+A for open the Preferences dialog doesn't work all, and there's not way to navigate there using Alt+letter hotkeys. On the Manual it appear with a Windows look, but here all appear with a Mac layout, and maybe its related to that.

Here is a couple of features request:
· It would be very helpful that Ctrl+click over a knob (on the Oscillator/Sounds Tracker) reset to default.
· Open the Preset Manager as float window (and it will disable the button on the main window, turning it to red or whatever).

Cheers.
Attachments
dmxis1.jpg
dmxis1.jpg (13.01 KiB) Viewed 221296 times
dmxis2.jpg
dmxis2.jpg (153.24 KiB) Viewed 221298 times
cgrafx

Re: Bug & feature requests

Post by cgrafx »

The Mac version doesn't have a shortcut for the preferences.

if it did, the equivalent would be CMD-A, but it has not been defined.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

cgrafx wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 5:31 am The Mac version doesn't have a shortcut for the preferences.

if it did, the equivalent would be CMD-A, but it has not been defined.
I really hope that it's implemented soon, as well as a shortcut for show/hide the "Preset Manager".

Here's a couple more for the Preset Manager; I guess that there should be added on the preferences window a check box for active this unfolded mode view, like "[] Show unfolded Preset Manager", so when its not checked, its shown on the same window, like it actually does now.

Cheers.
Attachments
dmxis4.jpg
dmxis4.jpg (160.7 KiB) Viewed 221283 times
dmxis3.jpg
dmxis3.jpg (151.04 KiB) Viewed 221286 times
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

HellishVictor wrote: Wed Apr 29, 2020 6:13 am Here's a couple more for the Preset Manager; I guess that there should be added on the preferences window a check box for active this unfolded mode view, like "[] Show unfolded Preset Manager", so when its not checked, its shown on the same window, like it actually does now.
Another option for make it easy: Clicking on the "Preset Manager" button while holding Ctrl or Shift will active this.

However, what is really essential are the shortcuts for show "Preferences" window, hide/unhide "Preset Manager", "Patching Channel" window, etc. It definelly will speed up the workflow.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

A picture is worth a thousand words :)
Attachments
hellishdmxis.jpg
hellishdmxis.jpg (124.14 KiB) Viewed 221195 times
RichG

Post by RichG »

All very useful. Let's hope we can see some of these improvements... if not here then maybe in Show Buddy Active.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

RichG wrote: Thu May 07, 2020 9:26 pm All very useful. Let's hope we can see some of these improvements... if not here then maybe in Show Buddy Active.
Well,that is a simplified version... but originally I was thinking of something including lasso selection support for the channels + buttons for make the MIDI assigments (16 = channel · CC = 127); because of this, right-click on a channel will only display the "Fixture Library" menu (which speed up the selection of fixtures), and then a dialog-box will show up asking for how many fixtures will be inserted (with "1" as default).

:)
Attachments
hellishdmxis_full.jpg
hellishdmxis_full.jpg (206.51 KiB) Viewed 221107 times
hellishdmxis_fulladd.jpg
hellishdmxis_fulladd.jpg (7.1 KiB) Viewed 221107 times
RichG

Post by RichG »

Are you familiar with Show Buddy Active? When it first came out it was called DMXIS Platinum... it's more like DMXIS than it is Show Buddy. Some of the suggestions you bring up have been implemented in one way or another. Still, there's a lot of room for improvement. There's a Wish List going for Show Buddy Active HERE.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

RichG wrote: Fri May 08, 2020 8:01 pm Are you familiar with Show Buddy Active? When it first came out it was called DMXIS Platinum... it's more like DMXIS than it is Show Buddy. Some of the suggestions you bring up have been implemented in one way or another. Still, there's a lot of room for improvement. There's a Wish List going for Show Buddy Active HERE.
Today I've been checking the demo of SBA, and you're right, it has some of the basic things that are not implemented on DMXIS. The way it handles midi learn, is fantastic... and the fact that the VSTs can output Art-net is outstanding; this feature implemented on DMXIS VSTs would be amazing, definelly.

So far, the only thing that I'll might add to SBA is make the scrollbar jump right at the point where its clicked, so it saves from have to go to wherever it is and move to the desired point. And also, turn into a toogle button the "Control/Perform" tabs, so it switch them with a single click. For me, that's all.
RichG

Post by RichG »

HellishVictor wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm Today I've been checking the demo of SBA, and you're right, it has some of the basic things that are not implemented on DMXIS. The way it handles midi learn, is fantastic... and the fact that the VSTs can output Art-net is outstanding; this feature implemented on DMXIS VSTs would be amazing, definelly.
The latest version of DMXIS (Ver 1.7.0) can output Art-Net. It's under File|Preferences|General, then scroll down.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

RichG wrote: Sat May 23, 2020 6:14 pm
HellishVictor wrote: Thu May 21, 2020 4:08 pm Today I've been checking the demo of SBA, and you're right, it has some of the basic things that are not implemented on DMXIS. The way it handles midi learn, is fantastic... and the fact that the VSTs can output Art-net is outstanding; this feature implemented on DMXIS VSTs would be amazing, definelly.
The latest version of DMXIS (Ver 1.7.0) can output Art-Net. It's under File|Preferences|General, then scroll down.
Yeah, I know about that, but I thought that it was only possible with the standalone, not with the VSTs (as there isn't anything that refer to Art-net on them)... but just now I've discover that is possible! I prefer use the VST since its already in BPM sync with Ableton, that is why I needed Link support for the standalone.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

I forgot about this :)
Attachments
dmxisversion.jpg
dmxisversion.jpg (6.19 KiB) Viewed 220463 times
RyanMcRobb

Post by RyanMcRobb »

I'll just add my voice here: yes to all these feature requests. Thanks for suggesting them.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

RyanMcRobb wrote: Sun May 31, 2020 12:43 am I'll just add my voice here: yes to all these feature requests. Thanks for suggesting them.
Thank to you for support, man.

Actually, it would be beyond this world if when switching between presets or changing the values of the channels, the display screen didn't fade out after three seconds; the only message that is permanent is "Offline - connect your DMXIS box!" when the dongle is disconnected... and I don't know what's the point of have it blank when it can be displaying useful info. However, I want to mention that (before it fades) it only shows the name of the bank/preset when its selected manually (with the mouse or the keyboard), but not when done through midi Program Change messages; while the Preset Manager is open, it's show on it the current active preset selected, but when the Preset Manager is closed, there's no visual feedback like when it's done manually.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

HellishDMXIS.jpg
HellishDMXIS.jpg (151.06 KiB) Viewed 218599 times
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

A little enhancement for the MIDI Control section, which also include CC for switch between banks and presets.
Attachments
MIDI control section.jpg
MIDI control section.jpg (47.19 KiB) Viewed 218527 times
RichG

Post by RichG »

HellishVictor wrote: Sun Oct 18, 2020 5:19 pm A little enhancement for the MIDI Control section, which also include CC for switch between banks and presets.
The virtual enhancements look great and would be a welcomed improvement.
HellishVictor

Post by HellishVictor »

RichG wrote: Tue Oct 20, 2020 12:45 am The virtual enhancements look great and would be a welcomed improvement.
Thank you RichG. Here is an improvement for the improvement, which design is not my best, but the important is show the idea; instead of buttons, a simple 16-steps (midi assignable) slider would be KILLER and would set to another level work with DMXIS :)
HellishDMXIS.jpg
HellishDMXIS.jpg (9.96 KiB) Viewed 217741 times