FADE TO NEXT changing value at random times

derekintampa

FADE TO NEXT changing value at random times

Post by derekintampa »

First, I'm running the DMXIS VST through Ableton LIVE 10 and controlling band and preset changes with MIDI note scales.

During my previous DMXIS created show I noticed that the value of Fade To Next would change to 5.47 seconds on a few presets when they were originally set to other values. I would set them back to where they belonged and play a few more shows with no problems. Then eventually in the middle of a show I'd notice a preset change not happening immediately, glance over and sure enough Fade to Next was back at 5.47 on that particular preset. It was only certain presets in certain banks, but always the same 6 or 8 presets. Sometimes all of them, sometimes none, sometimes some. Always 5.47.

During our downtime this past month I decided to create a new show from scratch and hadn't run into this problem until today. I was a few songs in and suddenly while running the show I got to two presets that changed from 0.00 and 0.15 to 17.45 and 18.86. I changed them back and sure enough it happened again. I am at the top of the MIDI scale - G8. I considered maybe G8 sends a CC change to the Fade to Next knob but I can't seem to find any information supporting that, and when I command+click the fade knob to "learn" there is nothing there that says its being controlled by MIDI. Any ideas out there? Thank you!

Derek
nofilterband.com