Presets Out Of Order

audiblecreations

Presets Out Of Order

Post by audiblecreations »

I am using DMXIS (1.7.0) as a return on Ableton Live Standard (9.7.7) on OS Mojave (10.14.6).

Occasionally, when I open up Ableton and DMXIS, my presets will be out of order in some of my banks.

I have started labeling my presets numerically (01 All On; 02 All Off; 03 Epstein Didn't Kill Himself; etc..) to hopefully avoid this issue and to make putting them back in order easier. My questions are:

Why would the presets get out of order?

Is it okay to open up DMXIS when my lights or the DMXIS box are not attached?

Is there a procedure I should be following when starting up my lighting rig and making my hardware to software connections?
(ie... open ableton first then open dmxis return, connect usb to DMXIS box, insert DMX cable into DMXIS box, power on all lights)

Thanks for reading and I hope it's okay to post a DMXIS question that relates to Ableton on this forum.
audiblecreations

Re: Presets Out Of Order

Post by audiblecreations »

*update* Just recently had a BANK out of order as well... went ahead and upgraded my mac os as well as ableton live to the newest version ($160 upgrade) and will see if the problem continues. I'm wondering if my midi keyboard that I use to trigger tracks and samples with is the culprit. I notice the presets and banks out of order within DMXIS immediately upon opening Ableton and launching the DMXIS plugin.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

The bank & preset orders are stored by DMXIS alongside the preset files. Specifically, there should be a "bank.xml" file within each bank folder, next to all your ".prt" preset files. You can open the bank.xml file and examine it in any text editor.

Now, this "bank.xml" file is saved whenever you add or delete a preset, drag the banks & presets to reorder them, or change a "Fade To Next" time on a preset.

If DMXIS presents your presets in a different order from that saved in the bank.xml file, please let me know as that might be a bug in the software...
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
Four12 Acoustics

Post by Four12 Acoustics »

I am going to comment on this although I know it's an old thread. I am running 1.7.0 on a windows laptop. I am new to DMXIS. I just started creating banks (songs) and presets (scenes) all in order of our setlist as I will be running lights from stage and need everything easy neat and organised.I closed out of DMXIS after creating many banks and presets and when I came back to program more all banks are out of order. I cannot drag to reorganize. I tried to rename them all starting with 01,02,03, etc, but that didnt work for me. Not sure what to do next....