OFFLINE - connect your DMXIS box! v 1.7.0, MacOS 10.15.3

eyeteeth

OFFLINE - connect your DMXIS box! v 1.7.0, MacOS 10.15.3

Post by eyeteeth »

I used my system just a couple weeks ago. All worked well. Tried today, and for I couldn't get the system to the DMXIS Hardware. Finally... it ended up connecting. I hopped online because I wanted to play with using midi from my DAW to control DMXIS. Saw there was a new version, downloaded, installed... now I can't get the Hardware detected again. It's been pretty flawless until today. Help greatly appreciated.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: OFFLINE - connect your DMXIS box! v 1.7.0, MacOS 10.15.3

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

Can you detect and connect to your DMXIS box using the ENTTEC PRO Manager utility?

https://www.enttec.com/products/protocols-gb/dmx512-gb/pro-manager/
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
eyeteeth

Post by eyeteeth »

I'll give that a try. Through the course of the day... it works... it doesn't work. I have learned DMXIS doesn't have to be open... or show the hardware connected for my DAW to be able to control the lights. I didn't get much chance to really test different scenarios... but there almost seems to be some 'argument' over the hardware depending on which application I happen to open first..

Once I had it working, I tested what I wanted to test... I'll get back to working consistency later.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

eyeteeth wrote: Mon Apr 20, 2020 3:20 pm...I have learned DMXIS doesn't have to be open... or show the hardware connected for my DAW to be able to control the lights...
Hmm. The DMXIS software definitely needs to be connected to the hardware in order to control lights. If you don't see the LEDs flashing on both the DMXIS software window and the box, then the software is not transmitting anything.

Are you perhaps trying to run multiple copies of DMXIS simultaneously? Perhaps two plug-ins within your DAW, or a plug-in and the DMXIS app? In this case, only one DMXIS window will connect successfully to the hardware.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon