Next Update

rad3d

Re: Next Update

Post by rad3d »

On top of tap tempo, it would also be nice if tempo can be controlled via midi clock and also by a single midi cc call.
rad3d

Post by rad3d »

How about global target positions for moving heads? If we could simply have a page that allowed you to define named sets of moving head coordinates, then provide the ability to choose a named coordinate rather than a manual setting for each scene, I wouldn't have to go into every scene to manually make those updates.
MoreJackdaniels

Post by MoreJackdaniels »

A grid displayed in edit vue based on the selected tempo at least ... Please !
rad3d

Post by rad3d »

Another idea: can a MIDI configuration be added to determine what channels DMXis listens on? While banks are designated to respond on channel 15 and presets on 16, DMXis seems to also be listening and responding on all MIDI channels. When I use DMXis within my overall MIDI setup (lots of merged control signals - including multiple ways to control DMXis), I find that I have to use either Bome's Midi Translator or MIDIox to filter out all channels but the ones I want DMXis to listen to. It would be nice if I could I could set up this configuration in DMXis, and skip using these other apps.

Minimally, just a switch to allow either the current configuration of listening for banks/presets on all channels, or only allow for bank/presets to listen on 15/16. DMXis could still respond to other MIDI assignments on whatever channels - just limit the bank/presets.

Optimally, it would be nice to allow users to pick which channels DMXis listens on - as some users may already be using 15 and 16 for other devices.
rad3d

Post by rad3d »

Here's a simple one:

- Allow an option for presets to automatically move after a specific amount of bars, instead of requiring they all be manually triggered.

I want to reduce the amount of preset changes I have to do manually, but still want to add some additional specials within the show. Even if I'm not locked into an exact tempo, hitting a manual scene change for a 4-8 bar special, then automatically transitioning to a chorus scene should time out close enough and gives me a lot more options with my show. You could also potentially layer masked presets live in this manner, allow each masked layer to transition in fairly quickly in sequence.
nathanpeterson

Post by nathanpeterson »

What's the ETA for the list of features mentioned by the Admin at the beginning of this thread. Would LOVE all of those features.
rad3d

Post by rad3d »

Macros: Would be nice to have a call that could accept one or more fields of input in a dialog box, generally captured before a macro runs. Right now, macros seem to be limited to either the selected set of channels, or you have to hard code specific channels, presets and banks into them. I think more unique and helpful macros could be written if this one command was written.

Another more comprehensive request: allow macros to be called via DMX control as part of a live show. Allow a single channel to be used for calling macros, and create a way to assign specific macro scripts to DMX data values so they can be fired off in real time as part of a preset or for creating any number of specials. Would allow macros to fill the gap in many of the feature requests mentioned.

(Sorry for all the posts, but figured I might as well continue until a new release appears... Let me know if the app goes into a feature lockdown, and I'll stop!)
MoreJackdaniels

And what about a random play of The presets of a bank ? For when the Dj is not in work ...
rad3d

Post by rad3d »

User definable data directories:

Currently, DMXis stores banks/presets in Shared Documents, with Profiles and Macros being stored in /Program Files/Enttec. It would be nice to pick where these files are stored. In live situations, I am always thinking of the best way to keep all my back up systems ready in case a computer goes down. Being able to keep all DMXis files (Show banks/presets and at least profiles) on an SD card would allow me to quickly swap the card to a new computer in case of a system failure on my main machine.
rad3d

Post by rad3d »

Obviously, the request list has gotten long. Here's a recap:

Dave's stated updates for next release -
    • 64 bit VST/AU support.
    • Dedicated iOS remote control app.
    • Enhanced MIDI control protocol.
    • Sorting of banks.
    • A couple of minor bug fixes.
    Additional feature requests:

Tempo
    • Tap Tempo
    • Beat Detection
    • Tempo controlled by MIDI clock and/or direct CC call
    • Edit vue tempo grid
    Enhanced Bank/Preset Building
    • Enhanced Bank/Preset Copy Modes
    • Layer multiple masked presets at one time
    • Submaster selected faders
    • Hide unused channels
    • Aliased Presets
    • Automatic preset movement (set amount of bars)
    Live Functionality
    • Remote bank/preset status (wireless/bluetooth?)
    • User selectable font sizes in banks/presets
    • Remote preset saving
    • Random play of presets in a bank
    Additional Capabilities
    • Resizable Screen (more faders per)
    • Midi learn for Osc, Chase in VST mode
    • Visualizer (2D or 3D)
    • Integration with Traktor
    Preferences
    • User definable MIDI channels
    • User definable data directories
    Learning/Documentation
    • Videos for advanced features
    Enhanced Macros
    • Input dialog for macros
    • Ability to run macro live from DMX
    Let us know when the next update might be available, and if there's any possibility of addressing of few of these ideas.
    harmonicspeed

Post by harmonicspeed »

Dave, Would it be possible for a future release to have BANK and PRESET changes respond to PROGRAM CHANGE midi messages and not just limited to midi NOTE data? i.e. Midi Channel 15 (numbers from 0 -127 select the BANK) and Midi Channel 16 (Numbers from 0-127 select the preset)? Maybe the user could specify in the MIDI setup menu on DMXIS whether the BANK and PRESET messages respond to NOTE data OR CHANNEL data?

I am guessing this is possible, how many other users would like this option?
    Freelance musician, singer/guitarist, composer, music teacher, recording artist, performer.

www.darrenhuntsolo.webs.com
    MoreJackdaniels

Would it be possible to have a random play of pressets of a bank ?
    gjb3

Post by gjb3 »

Dave, any chance you could comment on the timing for the next DMXIS update and what changes might be included? Many thanks!