Steps?

wayneakp

Steps?

Post by wayneakp »

Hi all

I have been using DMXIS for a couple of years and found it very good - i use it with TouchOSC and have added the Mover target Macro etc.

The only problem I have is setting up chases with the oscillator -for quick simple results its great but for more complex things its hard work or impossible to do - for example a ping pong effect along a par bar cant be done (or at least I cant find a way to do it).

That lead me to look for alternatives so i downloaded Daslight V4 - in that you can set "steps" for a scene which makes that sort of thing easy. However at the moment DMXIS still has the upper hand for me with the Mover target which Daslight does not yet have.

I did try and do the "steps" approach with autorun bank - two downsides were 1) A bank in effect becomes a preset , which is confusing in itself and 2) When selecting another bank of presets that also autoruns.

So my question is there a way to effectively create steps in DMXIS or is this planned for in the future?

Many thanks

Wayne
RichG

Re: Steps?

Post by RichG »

Sounds like another vote for the "Chase Group" feature mentioned HERE.
wayneakp

Post by wayneakp »

Yes sort of - the Daslight program creates a preset with a series of "sub-presets" which keeps things tidy. Hopefully DMXIS can incorporate something similar before Daslight catches up with mover targets ;-)
RichG

Post by RichG »

wayneakp wrote: Wed Nov 27, 2019 12:10 pm Yes sort of - the Daslight program creates a preset with a series of "sub-presets" which keeps things tidy. Hopefully DMXIS can incorporate something similar before Daslight catches up with mover targets ;-)
Seeing as how my request was made over a year ago it's highly unlikely you'll see anything soon.