Copy and Paste Pre-sets

chopperhontas

Copy and Paste Pre-sets

Post by chopperhontas »

Hi there,
New to the DMXIS Software so this is probably something thats been asked before, so apologies before hand.....

I've set us some basic Presets such as different colours for my front lights and then done the same for the rear lights. The idea being that sometimes i will only want the back lighting and vice versa. However there will no doubt be other occasions where i want both front and rear on at the same time.
So the question is, is there a way to copy/combined the presets i've created into each other. Or will i now have to set up a new set of presets from scratch?

Thanks in advance.
Steve E

Re: Copy and Paste Pre-sets

Post by Steve E »

You could try going into your presets folder for those two presets you made and copy the .prt files into a single folder.
cgrafx

Post by cgrafx »

you'll want to setup your front and back lights with masking so you can turn them on and off independently.

once that is done you can then easily create a single preset with both the front and back lights on, by turning on the the front and back lights and then saving that as a new combined preset.
chopperhontas

Post by chopperhontas »

Thanks for that.

Never thought about the Masking Option. I had watched a tutorial on that last week, but even by the guys admission who made it, he suggested it may take a few watches to understand it. So i'll have another look now i've got some basic presets in the software.

I did wonder though, and didnt mention this in my original post (sorry), that ultimately i propose to use DMXIS with Showbuddy. So i guess it may be possible to drag the 2 separate presets next to each other? Appreciate this is probably a Showbuddy forum post, but if you know then answer then please let me know.

Thanks again!