Back and fourth chase?

mikevar94

Back and fourth chase?

Post by mikevar94 »

Anyone know if this is possible? I’d like my pars to chase from left to right then back from right to left. I can only get it to go left to right then start over left right etc. I feel like this may be outside of dmixs’ capabilities but who knows maybe someone found a way or created a macro?
ojacques

Re: Back and fourth chase?

Post by ojacques »

I do this all the time. I guess you use an oscillator. Which type do you use? A sinusoidal or triangle will do the trick.
Can you do a screenshot of your dmxis screen / cue ?
DMXIS since 2015, Show Buddy Active since 9/2019.
mikevar94

Post by mikevar94 »

ojacques wrote: Tue Oct 08, 2019 12:54 pm I do this all the time. I guess you use an oscillator. Which type do you use? A sinusoidal or triangle will do the trick.
Can you do a screenshot of your dmxis screen / cue ?
I don’t think I explained it well lol. Let’s say you have 5 pars lined up in a row. I want to make them light up (dimmers go from 0% to 100%) in a sequence down the line of pars. I’d do this by selecting all dimmers for all 5 pars then oscillating them. I would then adjust the chase knob giving me the sequence effect.

Now when you use the chase knob the sequence either starts from left to right or right to left depending on what values your chase knob is at, and then starts the sequence over from where it started.

My question is can you make it so pars light up left to right but then instead of starting back over at the left side...they reverse back from the right? This would give a “ping pong” effect.
ojacques

Post by ojacques »

I'm sorry, *I* did not read properly.
You're right, I have not been able to generate a ping pong chase like what you describe.
DMXIS since 2015, Show Buddy Active since 9/2019.