Preset Manager Glitch

PAngell44

Preset Manager Glitch

Post by PAngell44 »

Hi,

I’ve used DMXIS for years and hundreds of gigs with my band. It’s always run on the same dedicated laptop running Windows 10. That’s pretty much all the pc is used for.

Friday night when we connected up the lights and opened DMXIS, when we clicked on the Preset Manager button, where normally it goes back and forth between the banks and presets and the faders, there were no Banks and Presets. When I went to the menu bar and selected Show/Load Shows, and selected our show, it didn’t load anything that I could see.

We exited and restarted DMXIS several times.

The weird thing, to me, was our Behringer FCB1010 seemed to work fine. Even though we couldn’t see the Presets on the pc, it was selecting them as it always does.

When I got home from the gig, I restarted the pc and DMXIS and all is normal.

Wondering if we accidentally clicked on something that caused this or it was a random glitch.

Anyone ever see this happen?
Steve E

Re: Preset Manager Glitch

Post by Steve E »

Hmm, that is concerning.

While not quite the same issue, I have noticed that the DMXIS software often states it cannot connect yet it is still sending data out (and received)...

I wonder whether this is related - the software not visually loading/displaying the current state?

BTW, I am using the 1.6.9 pre-release.