If I have 2 DMXIS Dongles ........

floodstage

If I have 2 DMXIS Dongles ........

Post by floodstage »

I program lights at home.
I run sound ... A LOT
I want to buy a 2nd DMXIS dongle and leave that in my live rig box so I will never forget it at home.

Question is:
When I plug my laptop in to a different dongle, am I going to have to tell DMXIS to recognize the 2nd dongle (and then at home, recognize the 1st, etc etc.

Just curious if having a 2nd dongle will save hassle, or just cause more hassle.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: If I have 2 DMXIS Dongles ........

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

When you switch DMXIS boxes, the software asks you to enter the unlock code for that box. If you write your unlock codes onto the boxes, you're always good to go.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
floodstage

Post by floodstage »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:12 pm When you switch DMXIS boxes, the software asks you to enter the unlock code for that box. If you write your unlock codes onto the boxes, you're always good to go.
So my shows/presets, etc, won't be affected?

Just type in the unlock code?

(I wonder if I have the unlock code for my first box. Only typed it in the one time. Hope I haven't lost it!)
floodstage

Post by floodstage »

I can't find the numbers to write on my dongle.

I entered them when I bought it (new) and it has worked and I haven't needed them. Did not know I should save the code

Is there a way to get the code again? Send you a copy of my receipt or something?

I want to make sure I have the code for my old box before buying a new one.
Otherwise, I'll lose access to my current dongle when I enable the new one, and that would be counter-productive at best

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Wed Jul 17, 2019 2:12 pm When you switch DMXIS boxes, the software asks you to enter the unlock code for that box. If you write your unlock codes onto the boxes, you're always good to go.
Dave Brown [admin]

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

floodstage wrote: Wed Jul 24, 2019 2:36 am I can't find the numbers to write on my dongle.
I entered them when I bought it (new) and it has worked and I haven't needed them. Did not know I should save the code
Is there a way to get the code again? Send you a copy of my receipt or something?
You can get the unlock codes for your DMXIS boxes at any time from this web page:

www.enttec.com/unlock_dmxis
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon