Dmxis and ableton

whity63

Dmxis and ableton

Post by whity63 »

I've been using Dmxis and showbuddy controlled by a yamaha multipad for many years and they are really great. Recently we began to use some backing tracks with a click track so I was forced to replace showbuddy with ableton because at the moment it can play only a stereo track. Not all the songs we play have a backing tracks so some songs need to have lights triggered manually and this worked fine in the old set up with Dmxis and showbuddy. The question is, is there a way to take control of the lights presets inside ableton?
At the moment Dmxis is instanced in the master track and there are two midi tracks, one for the banks and one for the presets. Thanks
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Dmxis and ableton

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

if you can wait a week, I'm putting the finishing touches to Show Buddy 1.7 - a free update which adds a second independent stereo output for click tracks.

(Show Buddy Setlist is the new name for Show Buddy)
Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 08.57.09.png
Screenshot 2019-06-14 at 08.57.09.png (235.84 KiB) Viewed 5526 times
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Hi Dave,
absolutely yes! Generally speaking I would prefer to use ShowBuddy because it's simpler and lighter than Ableton.
So I assume that I can route the backing tracks and click track to different outputs? (I have a Motu ultralite mk4)
Does ShowBuddy setlist also resolve the problem of the audio coming from an external audio source?
Thanks a lot!
Dave Brown [admin]

whity63 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:12 amSo I assume that I can route the backing tracks and click track to different outputs? (I have a Motu ultralite mk4)
Yes.
Does ShowBuddy setlist also resolve the problem of the audio coming from an external audio source?
Both the backing track audio and the currently selected external audio input are routed into DMXIS/SBA for sound-to-light effects, if that's what you mean?
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 2:02 pm
whity63 wrote: Fri Jun 14, 2019 9:12 amSo I assume that I can route the backing tracks and click track to different outputs? (I have a Motu ultralite mk4)
Yes.
Both the backing track audio and the currently selected external audio input are routed into DMXIS/SBA for sound-to-light effects, if that's what you mean?
Not sure. I mean that if, for example, I want lights to react to my guitar player's intro, you can't do with showbuddy because the sound tracker reacts to the audio internal input.
Dave Brown [admin]

In 1.7, the sound tracker reacts to both the backing track AND the external audio input.
whity63

Post by whity63 »

Fantastic! I think those two important updates solve the problems I had with ShowBuddy.
I'm looking forward for the update.
Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Sat Jun 15, 2019 4:00 pm In 1.7, the sound tracker reacts to both the backing track AND the external audio input.