Issue with backing up restoring DMXIS

WesArnold27

Issue with backing up restoring DMXIS

Post by WesArnold27 »

I'm using DMXIS on a couple of different computers. Well, both of them are mine and my band is needing to do a show without me and so they asked me to load it on my buddy's Windows 7 machine.

When I loaded this up before - I just found the DMXIS folder in Mac OSX, (pretty sure it's in Application Support\ENTTEC) and then I put it where it goes in the Windows 7 machine.

It loads. The show comes up. The banks are there. The presets are there.

But the fixtures do not show to be mapped to the dmx channels. Last time I did this - the whole thing worked on my Windows machine the same way it did on the Mac - no issues.

So, I go to just manually set all the fixtures to the channels again - and I find that only the default fixtures show. None of the ones I've added are showing. Now I know I've put them in the right place - because if I delete the DMXIS folder - then when it loads - it loads everything blank. And when I put it back, then MY show and MY presets shows. It still can't see or read all of the fixtures.

I have made sure the software was at the latest version on both machines. I tried copying the files (which are identical) from both my mac, and I did it from my PC that was running it correctly as well. I've restarted multiple times. Tried removing and re-adding fixture folders, etc. Nothing thus far has worked.

Any idea why this might be? If you need more info - please just say what. I wasn't sure exactly what all info you'd want.
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Issue with backing up restoring DMXIS

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

On a Mac, everything is stored under /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS
  • Fixtures: /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/DmxLibrary
  • Macros: /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/Macros
  • Shows: /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/Shows
  • Default Show: /Library/Application Support/ENTTEC/DMXIS/Presets
Note that you need to copy your files to the global /Library/Application Support folder - NOT the local user folder of the same name.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon