Intelligent Chase but not linear chase

floodstage

Intelligent Chase but not linear chase

Post by floodstage »

If I set up a chase with 8 cans that are purple (mix of red and blue) , if I use Intelligent chase, the cans stay purple and chase, but my only option seems to be a linear chase (from left to right).

I can't make them do sine wave or triangle chase types, because when I do, the red and blue do not move as a pair together, so I get unintended colors.

Anyway around this?

I'm using a bunch of chauvet 4-bar Tri's. There is one dimmer for all 4 lights in a 4-Bar, so I can't chase the dimmers.
David_LSL

Re: Intelligent Chase but not linear chase

Post by David_LSL »

Try selecting just the Red's. Then, build your chase just on Red.

Deselect the red's, and select the Blue's. Build the chase with the exact same options in the oscillator with just the Blue's.

Last, you'll need to save the preset, and re-launch it to start the 2 FX in sync. This should do what you are wanting :)
-David
David Henry
I teach lighting at: https://www.LearnStageLighting.com
floodstage

Post by floodstage »

My issue is if one of the colors (say orange which is a combination of Red and Green)

When I chase orange using anything but intelligent fade, the red and green don't move together and instead of orange fading in and out, I get Green and Red popping up, unwanted.
David_LSL

Post by David_LSL »

If "Orange" is red and green at full, then you'll need to build the chase separately, but with the same settings on the oscillator (read my previous carefully). If it is red at full and green at (less), you'll need to adjust the "amount" separately to accomodate the different fader height.

If you're chasing from OFF to Color, then begin at OFF, and chase with the amount set proper for each channel until you get the color you desire.

Hope that helps :)
-David
David Henry
I teach lighting at: https://www.LearnStageLighting.com