Saw Down not on downbeat? Is this possible?

GrayDeWolfe

Saw Down not on downbeat? Is this possible?

Post by GrayDeWolfe »

Hey all,

I'm trying to program a Saw Down function for lights that start on beats 2 and 4, ONLY. I know you can set the timing on the bottom to be 1 bar, 1/2 bar, etc, but I'm looking to only have the function happen on beats 2 and 4.

I tried putting just the midi notes to cue this preset on 2 and 4, but it always repeats on 3 and 1. I also tried making a "blank" preset where it's dark to put in between, but then the Saw Down fade is very fast and unnatural (ideally I'd like it to extend for two counts instead of one)

The only way around this I can think of is cutting the tempo in my DAW by a fourth, but that seems excessive. Any ideas? Thanks in advance!!
Dave Brown [admin]

Re: Saw Down not on downbeat? Is this possible?

Post by Dave Brown [admin] »

You can change the start point of the waveform using the Chase knob.

In your case, just select each channel with the sawtooth oscillator, and set Chase to 50%.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of Show Buddy Setlist | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon
TristanCoyote

Re: Saw Down not on downbeat? Is this possible?

Post by TristanCoyote »

Dave Brown [admin] wrote: Sun Apr 07, 2019 12:27 pm You can change the start point of the waveform using the Chase knob.

In your case, just select each channel with the sawtooth oscillator, and set Chase to 50%.
Is there a quick way to set all 512 channels on a preset to a Chase value? For instance, if I wanted to set all 512 of the faders' Chase value to 50% (without having them chase together), could I do that with just a few clicks? This article and this article are both related to this Oscillator timing issue.