only 1-60 of DMX universe working

Anything & everything relating to ENTTEC DMXIS.
Simplecitymusic11

only 1-60 of DMX universe working

Post by Simplecitymusic11 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 9:16 am

Hey folks,
I have a DMXIS running in ableton 9 as a VST, I have multiple instances of DMXIS running on different channels to make my fixtures operate as i need them to. when i open my template channel 1-60 work fine, When I load another channel and instance the DMXIS VST cannot connect to hardware.
I have been told by Enttec "DMXIS driver has connected to some other software you are running" there is no other software or anything connected at the time.
wondering if anytone has encountered a similar problem.

Thank you in advance

Simon

Dave Brown [admin]

Re: only 1-60 of DMX universe working

Post by Dave Brown [admin] » Thu Apr 04, 2019 12:01 pm

You can only have ONE instance of the DMXIS plugin open at any time.

There should never be any reason to open two or more DMXIS plugins. If you explain a little more about your setup in Ableton, we can probably suggest an alternative approach.

Typically in Ableton Live, you create a single instance of DMXIS on a the master channel. If you want more control over the DMXIS Sound Tracker, you can also create DMXIS in a return track, then use the send controls on your other tracks to control the Sound Tracker.
Dave Brown - db audioware
Author of DMXIS | D-Pro | Show Buddy | Show Buddy Active | ArtNetMon

Simplecitymusic11

Re: only 1-60 of DMX universe working

Post by Simplecitymusic11 » Thu Apr 04, 2019 11:12 pm

Thank you for the reply Dave

on each channel I have a DMXIS vst that is grouped to a rack, each different instance is midi mapped to the Midi information on that channel, this is the achieve different lighting behaviour of whole note, half note and quarter note.

I only have one instance of the DMXIS for these lights running at one time.

the DMXIS that is one the channel in question that will not work is to control a different pair of moving LED, I have used a different pair of lights that required 2 instances to run at the same time and this worked fine.

Attached is a screen shot of my template showing the dmx address of my floor lights with a dinner then 1/1, 1/2, 1/4 channels of individual fixtures.

Open to suggestions as to make this work
Attachments
Screenshot 2019-04-05 08.37.55.png
Screenshot 2019-04-05 08.37.55.png (102.48 KiB) Viewed 237 times